View from the amazing beach just in front of our room
Brief Description - The Maldives lies in two rows of atolls- North Male Atoll and South Atoll. It consists of 1190 coral islands out of which 90 islands are developed as resorts.http://www.visitmaldives.com/en
Getting There : From India ; There are daily flights of Air India from Bangalore to Male which is just a 2 hrs journey. The view from above while reaching the airport is heavenly. Flight details from all over the world given here
Airport : Check in , check out is quite seamless..Being an Islamic country it prohibits certain items to be brought into the country.
I stayed at - Velassaru Maldives
Duration : 3Nights,4 Days.(Full Board)
Pocket Heavy : Yes. (Details can be furnished upon request)
Time to Visit : Dec - April (I visited in October)
The Elegant Heron
The sunsets and sunrise are not to be missed at any cost...The skies are straight out of a painter's imagination...a photographer's delight.....
Food :- We were on full board which meant breakfast,lunch & dinner at the restaurant known as Vela. We are vegetarian and thus options were few. (Lots of options for non veggies). There are a variety of options for food lovers - Indian, Japanese, Continental and Mediterranean.
Activities : - Though my idea of a perfect relaxing holiday is to "only relax", there are several water sport activities available at the resort.
- Snorkeling - The snorkeling area is huge and one can spend hours exploring the lovely corals underneath. There a lots of other activities available such as diving, water skiing, kayaking etc,
- Sunset cruise - A quite trip in the calm waters with a crimson sky in the horizon along with your soul mate is one experience which will be etched in your heart forever. This obviously comes at a premium cost.
|Night view of Male|
- One day trip to City Male : Just 2.2 sq.miles in area, it has its own artificial beach, historic sites and a spectacular skyline of candy-coloured skyscrapers. It consists of 2 local markets and few cafes. The trip is also arranged by the resort.
- The Infinity pool - This is lovely and should not be missed at any cost.A morning dip before breakfast will rejuvenate your soul.After dinner, you can just lay down by the pool or the beach and gaze at the lovely clear skies for eternity.
- Keep Fit : There is also a fully equipped gymnasium & tennis court for the fitness enthusiasts.
- Boduberu (Maldivian Dance) - One of the evenings,you will be treated to 11th century dance form of Maldives known as "Boduberu". In the night,by the beach side, under the sparkling stars your thoughts will be transferred to a different era altogether.
|Boduberu Dance !|
My View : The place lives up to its expectations. The serene blue waters, the exotic white sands, the cool breeze, the secluded location and the fantastic hospitality makes Maldives the dream destination for honeymoon couples. You can also find my detailed review about the resort in tripadvisor.Ending this post with some more memorable pics from Maldives
Please feel free to get in touch with me for any details you might need. I will help you as much as I can.
Just could not stop photographing this bloke
As Blue as it gets - Water Villas